Kadoma started as a small railway station in 1901, grew and was upgraded to a Town Board in 1907. In 1912, Kadoma was Zimbabwe’s largest town in terms of both population and trade.
It became a Municipality on 5th August, 1917 and since then the town has grown to its present position of being the largest town in Mashonaland West Province and ranking seventh in size in the whole country. Recently on 17th March 2000, Kadoma attained a City status and is thus one of the newest cities in Zimbabwe.
Location of Kadoma
Located in the centre of Zimbabwe, 140km south west of Harare (Capital City of Zimbabwe) and 300 km north west of Bulawayo (2nd largest City of Zimbabwe).
City is well served by rail and road links. An aerodrome is also available.
Land area of Kadoma is 8230 hectares.
Population is 120 000.
Kadoma City of Gold
A service sanctuary by 2018
Our Mission Statement
To provide the community with quality social services through sound corporate governance